Tuesday 16 August 2016

Seniors Home

This morning we visited a seniors home. I met a woman, named Ramona, who reminded me of my husband's grandmother. Though it was hard to understand each other, we connected with smiles and nods. When Lauren and I came over to greet her, she began praying for us. We sat down and prayed with her. Then she held my hand and told me stories about her life. When snacks were served she insisted on sharing hers with me. I sat with her for the whole morning, listening to her and reading the Bible with her. Towards the end of the time Tim joined us and she asked us to pray for her legs (she was in a wheelchair). It was a blessing to spend time with this beautiful woman, and even though I had little to offer because of my difficulties understanding her, it is a comfort to know that lives are touched not by might, nor by power, but by God's Spirit. 
Love Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment