Tuesday 16 August 2016

Seniors Centre

Today, our team went to a Seniors home and we spent time with the seniors. The team was dispersed among the group; some sharing stories, some playing games, and some painted their nails. Personally, I spent a lot of time painting nails and with the last 45 minutes I played dominos with a few of our team members and one man from the home. I really enjoyed getting to spend time with them and just seeing how excited they all became when we came through the doors. Playing dominos was by far my favourite part of this morning because this guy was so funny and just a lot of fun to be around. Communication was little since we didn't know Spanish and he didn't know English, but it's incredible just how much you can communicate with facial expressions and laughter. Today has already been such a great day and next on our events for the day is VBS at the same church as yesterday. I really love the kids, their love and passion for absolutely everything. I met a few who spoke English and every chance they could get they would speak different words in English to me and they found it hilarious because I would be so shocked that when I handed them something they would turn and say "Thank-you". It still seems unreal that I am here, this year it just seems so much more natural and apart of the norm. After three months I was finally reunited with my brother and that has been wonderful because truly, I did miss him a lot. I can't wait for the rest of the week and can't wait to tell you guys all about it when I get home. Please continue to pray for the Romanos and for our team and that we continue to serve God in everything that we do. Hope you all have a great rest of the week. 
Lots of love,
Amanda

P.S I just want to say hi to my mother and all my family reading this. I love you all dearly and will see you soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment